Aliga Microalgae® seeking a Fermentation Specialist
Aliga Microalgae, the leading microalgae production company in Denmark is expanding its operations and is seeking an experienced Fermentation Specialist to be responsible for the company’s fermentation production at its facility in Hjoerring, Denmark.
As a Fermentation Specialist you will be a key player in the manufacturing processes of our microalgae. The successful candidate will bring a deep understanding of microbial physiology and biochemical engineering to facilitate successful development and implementation of lab to industrial scale fermentation production. In the role as Fermentation Specialist you will work and collaborate closely with other scientists in the team in strains development and optimization, as well as you are expected to be able to design, set-up and perform experiments to improve product yield, from lab and pilot scale to large industrial production scale.
YOUR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up and operate lab-, small- and industrial-scale production fermenters.
- Lead technology transfer and scale-up at commercial scale according to the company’s goal
- Use technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with the resolution of process problems
- Documenting experiment execution using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols
- Develop simulation of the process and modeling
- Help with equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance of new equipment, as well as support working with vendors.
- Responsible for calibration of sensors, scales etc.
- Write documentation including project reports and SOP’s
- Design and collaborate around management and quality systems such as ISO, GMP, Organic etc.
- Organizing technical data, provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to identify strategies to improve the process
- Training of existing and new staff.
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- A master degree within Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Fermentation, or related engineering or life science discipline.
- Previous experience in running, maintaining and troubleshooting of bench-scale and industrial scale microbial fermenters
- It will be an advantage if you have experience in optimizing fermentation conditions for high-density cultures and fed-batch cultivation.
- Strong understanding of biochemical engineering principles, bioprocess development, fed-batch fermentation processes and feedback control systems.
- Understanding of engineering principles such as mass balance, mass transfer, fluid mechanics and reactor design preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- A genuine technical interest and curiosity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Fluency in English, written and verbal
Apply for position : Latest by 31st of August 2019 by email to email@example.com marked “Application Fermentation Specialist”.
Start of position : 1st of October 2019 or latest by 1st of November 2019
For further info : Contact CEO Michael K. Nielsen on +45 2282 0464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliga Microalgae® was founded in 2016 with the vision to be one of the leading European producers of sustainable microalgae-based ingredients and products for the Feed, Food and Dietary Supplement markets globally. In 2018, the company was awarded a finalist place in the prestigious Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” competition in the category Start-Up as well as it was nominated Entrepreneurial Company of the Year in its home city of Hjørring, Denmark.